Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tablet Woven Strap

cardweaving 002

The straps to the bag have been card woven, I used Sara Lamb's directions in Woven Treasures page 86. Took me a bit to get use to turning the cards in the right direction, but I figured a way to keep it straight and then it was non stop til I finished. The bottom strap is the front and the top the back, although I like the back better and is what will be the front of my strap. I'm having some difficultly with the selvages then again when don't I LOL.. but at least I'm enjoying myself.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

How could you not like these-excellent work-they turned out great!

Judy said...

Nice! I know what you mean about the selvages. Why is it that they are harder to control with thin warps? Yours look good and it sounds like you are really enjoying yourself.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Your tablet woven bands are beautiful! I can only hope to have ones half that nice when I try tablet weaving. You've inspired me to get out my cards and the book and try asap!