Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

New Projects

I have to say, I enjoy weaving and knitting, but right now I have been knitting far more than weaving. I have been contemplating the knit ruana for what seems to be ever. I know it's a garment I will enjoy on my yearly travels to NC, of which I'm already planning for next Jan/February. I finally choose the pattern from Folk Shawls,by Cheryl Oberle
Knitted Ruana I checked the book out from the library and now would like to own a copy, I need to wait on that though cause I just spend $$ on yarn. If you like shawls and need some terrific patterns this book is a must. Not only are the patterns beautiful, but the author gives the history and folklore to each shawl. Did you know that in Ireland if the master knitter in the village places knitting needles in a baby girls hand she will be a knitter. I wonder if you placed a shuttle boat in that baby's hand if they'll become weavers. I will definitely put both items in my grand baby's hands a test that out. hehe.


This ruana is going to be another stash buster, according to all the posts on Ravelry, but I have a sweater I knitted and totally didn't appreciate so it's getting frogged and reinvented or is the new p.c. term would be re-purposed . I guess if your really think about it, it would be reused, recycled and re-purposed, wow talk about going green call HGTV I need my own show! LOL. Here a shot of the ruana just started a few days ago with 215 st it's a long knit, but it's mindless knitting so I can actually watch movies, instead of listening to them.

I also started swatching for the Oblique sweater by Veronik Avery from Knitty.com fall of 07' I've been contemplating this sweater since I saw it. I remember downloading the pattern for when I became a really good knitter, am I there yet? I dunno, but I'm going to counterbalance the mindless knitting in the evenings with challenge knitting during my lunch hour at work. I picked a cotton yarn from the Etsy shop Yarntopia - Hand painted Worsted Wt. Cotton Boucle Yarn colorway is Oregon. Most of the knitted items I've seen for this pattern have been in solid colors, but I want to try something different. I will knit the back and see how it looks if I don't like it I'll pick something different and use this yarn for weaving.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you with knitting more than weaving these days...I'm just about finished with the Wool Peddler's Shawl from Folk Shawls and I've already planned to start spinning the wool for the Highland Triangle Shawl...Maybe I should at the least get a warp wound so I'll be ready when the loom calls :-)

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

I feel the same way, but I haven't really been inspired by any weaving yet. I alway take a break once I finish a project its the mourning period. I know it's weird but true.