Pages

Thursday, July 02, 2009

Scarf Weaving & other Tidbits

It's been so long since I've posted or woven anything that this feels a bit strange. Mr. Deepend and I started a business just about the time I stopped posting to this blog it's been really busy, stressful and exciting, but there hasn't been any time left over for my weaving, which I truly miss. I've been knitting quite a bit and if you follow my other blog you know I've mastered socks. LOL..


We have wound down for the summer (YES!!) and I am finding that I have some spare moments to weave. I'm rusty and have forgotten some more complex structures with my pick up sticks and whatnot, but it's like riding a bike after so months, it just seems to come back and you get your balance. I started a simple scarf with some stash yarn and Patons Bohemian Chenille, it's soft and super duper fuzzy, really cute stuff.

I warped my loom albeit only 84 warp threads in 1 hour and was weaving in less than 2, I'd say not bad, for a kid whose loom has sat in the corner of the dining room for about 6 months or more. I patted my own back and really got excited to start working again. I have quite a few other project in my creative mind and will be working on them diligently especially since my kids prompted me to open a 1000markets shop, yes I didn't go to Esty although I know it's every ones choice, but I really like 1k markets and it should grow at my pace and give me time to catch up with my loom.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

Congratulations on your new business. That's an exciting venture. I wish you all success.

The weaving looks good! I hope it's a refreshing break for you.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Thanks, it does feel great to be sitting at the loom again, I didn't realize how much I missed it.