Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Movin' Out


And it seems such a waste of time
If that's what it's all about
Mama if that's movin up then I'm movin out Mm
I' movin out, mm oo oo uh huh mm hm - Billy Joel


That song was stuck in my head all of Saturday. We had a successful Movin' Out sale everything in this pic is gone.... Less my dears is more, we also had some great help from the kids and their friends. I could believe that there were shoppers at our doorstep @ 7:30 in the morning on Saturday! If you'd know me you know that shopping on Saturday is definitely an afternoon event, can't imagine wanting to buy anything that early unless it's breakfast. LOL...
I'm so happy and starting to get more excited as the days wear on, but I have to say the house looks/feels weird inside and the echo with the tile floors is amazing when most of the furniture is missing. I can't remember when we first moved in if the noise was that loud, of course I was 14 yrs younger and probably didn't really care with three small kids, noise was all I ever heard.
One thing I'm having difficultly with is the no curtains, I get some light from the neighbors and it hits my face in the middle of the night "whack" and then I'm awake for a bit, but all in all, LIFE IS GOOD!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like everything is working out well for you. Best wishes on a trouble free move to your new place.

Delighted Hands said...

I remember well the busy days so I dropped in bed exhausted just to wake up in a few hours and couldn't get back to sleep! Glad the sale went well!

bspinner said...

I can see why you had a sucessful moving sale. Everything you've pictured is so nice!!! How far away are you moving?