Pages

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

New Knitting

I know, I know, I should not start yet another project, what with two on needles, but the baby blanket was driving me nuts and I needed to take some drastic measures so I decided to do a simple shawl. The pattern is here if your interested and I have another link to share for free knitting patterns here, maybe some of you know about it, but for those who don't I hope you enjoy browsing, I spent two hours on there yesterday lol, but I digress (see my mind is not concentrating lately, but oh well)

In keeping with my stash busting, I'm using yarn that I bought at the Rag Shop before they went out of business, I posted about it here, it wasn't labled as anything, but I know it's acrylic (I'm not itching hehe) it's bulky I'd say #5 and soft as buuuudder I'm knitting with my 10.5 circs but I wish I knew who manufactures it because I would buy more, what a great surprise to work with, really nice yarn. I'd like to finish before I leave on my trip in two weeks and I think I can accomplish it. I have not abondoned the blanket I'm leaving it to do during my lunch breaks at work. Maybe this will free up some of my time to plan some weaving, it's been too long since I've woven anything and I really miss my loom.

I also uploaded my knitting bag pic, I received this as a Christmas present from one of my co-workers, he's such a doll. Inside was some wonderful hand creme, body wash, makeup and chocolates, but believe it or not what I loved the most was the bag, ever since I've use it as my knitting travel bag, everyone at work thinks I'm nuts, but it's so cute I can't resist, the reindeer just make me smile.

No comments: