Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2006

MERRY CHRISTMAS, VACATION

I wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May the new year bring much love, good health and much happiness.

Well, it's finally here, VACATION!!! (yes!!*happy dance*) I can't wait to go, I've been looking forward to this trip for what seems to be ages. I love traveling, I've often heard family and friends say that when they are away for more than a week they get homesick, I never get that. When I travel I don't ever want to come back I just want to keep going to the next place. I think I could be one of those people that roam the four corners of the earth for a while and never think geesh I need to go home. I read up on people who take sabaticals or adopt another country for a few years and I think wow that would be cool, if I had the chance I would convince the hubby and do that in a heart beat, I know I would miss my family, and friends, but I never get those pangs that I hear other say, they miss their house, car, familiar streets, noises, people etc.. Maybe I'm a misplaced nomad or a free thinking Hippie from the 60's (even though I was born in 65') LOL, in some ways I guess that's why I have such a diverse work history, I think the longest I've ever worked anywhere has been 5 years maybe if they're lucky 6, I don't think it makes me a bad employee but I get tired of the same old stuff and same co-workers with all of their little neurotic behavior, office politics, you know just regular stuff, I can't ever imagine working for a company for 25yrs, those guys are lifers!! My hats off to you if you are one of them, how do you do it??
I have often thought it would be great to take a motorhome cross country and stop at every place that had a RV campground, stay for a while then leave to the next place, stop at all the tourist traps, then find the real gem behind it, I feel I have so much to see and do, and I haven't really done much of it, I love meeting new people, looking at new things and learning about places, I wonder how much moolah that would take??? Hubby says about $20K - $30K without the motorhome, I think much less, but he's the numbers guy so maybe he's right.

I promise that I will have some great photos for the blog as soon as I get back( I know it's been a while since I posted any pics) so you all can see what I've been up to, I'll also have some craft photos, since I plan on taking one or two of my looms with me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

No comments: