Pages

Friday, March 09, 2007

TRI LOOM SHAWL UPDATE


I've made some progress on the shawl this past week. The left pic was taken in Nov. and the bottom pic last night. Since it's hanging in my bedroom and I look at it every night, I finally decided last night I had enough, I need to finish this one and get if off my loom. This was the shawl I was going to give my grandmother, but will not be able to use it. I am considering sending it my husband's aunt in California. We'll see how I feel about it once it's finished. I havebeen thinking of contacting a few vendors in North Carolina and Gatlinburg TN about sending some of my shawls for consignment to see if they would sell, although I haven't figured out how to keep track of the inventory or what prices should be, but I figured it couldn't hurt to try, so I have to finish this one and get started on some more so that I have some inventory to send.
In other news I finished the woven bottom purse, but I forgot to take a picture of it. I'll do that this weekend and post for everyone to see. There has been some really exiciting new on the Loom Knitting home front. One of the most talented ladies in our groups Isela, has an article in Kitty. com check it out here http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/FEATloomknitting.html. I'm so proud of her and all that she is doing for our Loomies, it's a great feeling to know that the Knitting community is waking up to us and actually taking notice. I have been told by knitting snobs that the product I produce are not really knitted items, because "they have not been made in a traditional way". I have even walked into yarn shops and had the owners rebuff me because I brought in my loom to see if handspun would work on it. So Isela, you are slowly but surely bringing us to the forefront and for that I say "WAY TO GO, GIRL"!!! "MAKE US PROUD.

No comments: