Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

AFTERNOON WALKS (POST IS PHOTO HEAVY)

The Lake


















Ibis

















Mama Duck and Ducklings Oak with Spanish Moss

Staghorn

Poinciana Flowers & Tree

Fuzzy Bush



Every afternoon or at least every other afternoon, I try to walk around the lake that is close to my home. There's an asphalt path around it and it's community property so that everyone can enjoy. I took some pics of some trees, plants and wildlife (if they can be called that) that live around the lake. The orange blooming tree is a poinciana tree (native), I took a close up of the flower which I think is really beautiful, and tropical. The bush with the red fuzzy things I don't really know what it's called but I thought it was neat, then there's the giant stag horn on the ficus tree, the oak tree (not indigenous) with the wonderful Spanish moss also not native. The mama duck and ducklings, and the white birds with long beaks are white ibis, they stick their long beaks int the water's shore and eat the bugs and small fish, they're neat to watch for a while. Then there's the shot of the lake with the backyards that face it, the lake is about 1 mile around and I walk 3 to 4 laps not much but in 98 degrees its a task, I enjoy it better in the winter when is 60-70 degrees or lower.

Now for some Knitting News:

I have been (gulp) needle knitting for four days actually evenings and I really am liking it, will I give up my looms na, but I can see some potential wandering hehe. The pics are of the jean vest, I consider, I got for a steal and the sleeve I'm knitting for it. the last pic is of my sleeve stretched out for you to see the detail of which there's a mistake I need to correct. Once I get past my elbow I'll need to learn to decrease and then I'll need a rib stitch for the cuff.

No comments: