Pages

Monday, October 22, 2007

RUANA!!





I can't believe it's finally finished, wow I love the results. After much fringe twisting and cutting, washing and drying it just what I wanted the finished fabric to look like, warm and wonderful. The first two pics are of the ruana crossed and un-crossed the right pic is of the back detail. I chain crochet the hypotenuse then crocheted the two tri's together a little less than half the length. I hope it will handle the stress point alright if not I will need to come up with some other solution. I'm planning to take this one on my trip to SC in November, once I get back I can re-inspect it and see how well it's holding up. The last photo is of the fabric close up, although it didn't do the tabby effect I wanted I still think it looks great, basket weave stripes is what I see.










3 comments:

Lona said...

Lovely!

Are you by any chance a math teacher? Not sure I've heard any weavers talk about the hypotenuse of a triangle before...

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

OH God No!! I'm awful at math, I need a calculator for EVERYTHING. LOL I explain it this way because I belong to the triloom groups and that's how I learned to describe what I was talking about. (Trust me the first time I saw it I had to look it up).

Leigh said...

Gorgeous! Do I dare tell anyone that I call a hypotenuse, a hypotenuse too??? *g*