Pages

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Finished & Washed

I got out the heavy artillery, this is my sewing machine, it's a Brother, simple and easy to use. Then I got out my tomato pin cushion which has quilting pins, they are longer and thinner than regular pins and I really like them for sewing they stick out really far enough for me to pull them out right before I run over them. I pinned the mats with the hem stitching inward.


Set up my tension, this was a bit of trial and error, the cotton yarn doubled makes for a really thick fabric. I did two rows of straight stitching and cut off the excess warp threads for a neat edge. Then I noticed I'd made a mistake when I planned the mats. I should have given myself at least 14 weft shots of the white, this would have allowed me to fold the edge over once more and have everything tucked under. I made notes on this for the next mats.






This is what they looked like before the second fold over, after that my camera decided not to take anymore pictures, so I'll have to get them up tomorrow, after wash and dry, with final measurements.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

These look great! Thank you for the photos and explanation. I hope you feel better soon; flu is no fun!