Set up my tension, this was a bit of trial and error, the cotton yarn doubled makes for a really thick fabric. I did two rows of straight stitching and cut off the excess warp threads for a neat edge. Then I noticed I'd made a mistake when I planned the mats. I should have given myself at least 14 weft shots of the white, this would have allowed me to fold the edge over once more and have everything tucked under. I made notes on this for the next mats.
Thursday, March 06, 2008
Finished & Washed
I got out the heavy artillery, this is my sewing machine, it's a Brother, simple and easy to use. Then I got out my tomato pin cushion which has quilting pins, they are longer and thinner than regular pins and I really like them for sewing they stick out really far enough for me to pull them out right before I run over them. I pinned the mats with the hem stitching inward.