Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Yarn - It's a Mystery

My mom went to Big Lots and found these for a buck each, I am now the proud owner of 18 skeins of this yarn.
I have been searching the Internet and Ravelry for the manufacture of said yarn and have had no luck. They are 50g Polyester and Acrylic although I don't have any % on which is more prominent in the yarn, it's kind of hairy, and somewhat soft. The only thing that strikes me as odd it that it untwists with ease and in it almost has no twist as you play with it. I was trying to figure out the weight I think it's sport weight, but I'm not sure. Well regardless, I have them and I'm already thinking of what to weave them into I really like the colorways.

4 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

They are pretty colors! I wove a sample with an acrylic yarn that I didn't really like for knitting, but it looked really nice woven. (I didn't do anything big with it, so I don't know how it wears or anything.)

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Sue

Kim said...

The colors are lovely, I am sure you will make something yummy... they look alot like a wool yarn I have someone gave me, but I only have 3 skeins of the autumny colors. Nice that you have a few more skeins!

Delighted Hands said...

I love that your family if is tune with what you love! Looks like a great weaving experiment is coming!

bspinner said...

Good buy. I like the colors and it looks very soft. Can't wait to see what youdo with it.