Pages

Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Losing Some Pounds

Benita of Basically Benita started a diet, she's doing the South Beach Diet, she asked for support, help and if anyone would join her. Well.....ummmm...I can join because I need to lose 30 - 40 pounds I'm 5'2" and weigh (I can't believe I'm going to write this here) 168# I gained some more over the holidays I started at 163# but okay now that they're over I just have to deal with it. She posted a pick of herself and I thought I should too that way I can post one a month about the progress. I'm planning to cut out a lot of carbs, eat more salads and protiens. I plan to start some kind of exer*cough*cise program but have not really gotten into more than walking 1 mile a day. (this is the part I really have serious trouble with and hate, yes I can use the word hate for exercise amongst more choice words but we'll keep it kid friendly) Well there you have it the pic the specs and my hate for working out, btw the handsome man in this pic is Mr. Deepend, his specs are 6'1" 212# and exercising everyday droped 25 pounds in 3 months, men they just lose it so fast I just dislike that part about him the rest is perfect.

9 comments:

ladyoftheloom said...

i agree with the exer*gag*cise sentiment. Good luck!

I love your placemats!

Julie said...

You look pretty good in your picture are you sure you need to loose that much! My hubby wanted a the Wii Fit for Christmas and I did get it for him thinking we would never use it, but we have had so much fun with it and it really does work.

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog its always nice to meet new bloggers and it really nice to meet someone that weaves. I really need all the help I can get!

Isela said...

You can do it, and even that one mile of walking can help. I have read in many places that what we eat is what makes the most difference. You are on the right path.

Delighted Hands said...

Remember Mr Rogers from tv? Well, I am singing the 'I am proud of you' song! I am working hard to break the barrier I have in my weight-it is going to take the cursed exercise word to get me going , too. WE CAN DO IT!

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Thanks guys, I think I can do it. Julie your sweet, trust me I need to lose the weight, everyone always says "oh you carry it so well", but the truth is I BP is getting outta control and that's not a good thing.

Meg said...

What a lovely, lovely photo, Deep End! Best of luck to you with your diet. I really must think of something myself. I'm much shorter than you, and about the same proportion. And I, too, hate exercising... But I have to. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, YUCK!!!

Benita said...

I am so glad you are joining me in this. It is interesting that we are starting out at nearly the same spot - same heigh and me just 4 pounds more! Let's do this!!!

Leigh said...

It's so nice to be able to put a face to all the great posts I read on your blog! You are a great looking couple. I know Benita is already having success so with support, you should all do really well.

Donna S. said...

It is so totally unfair how easy it is for guys to lose weight. I have to admit I was fairly skinny my whole life-had some spots (waist to knees) but boy have I had some middle age spread.

Good luck