Pages

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Woven Fabric Samples

(Blogger is posting pic sideways)

I started weaving this fabric and as I was going along my slubbies got stuck in the heddle holes, I guess I tugged to hard and my yarn decided to teach me a lesson and broke 4 warp ends. I was so annoyed, but I got over myself, cut off what I had and re-slayed, retied and reworked the ends.







This is a close up of the disaster I caused.


I really like the fabric and the way it's turning out. It has a great drape and soft to the touch.
I finished my cotton yarn and began to weave with the slub yarn btw the yarn is Tiney by Berger Du Nord, Belgium. (sorry for the blurry pic) I like the results of it as weft. Once I finish with this portion I plan on weaving the remainder with the Berocco linen. In this fabric I will have experimented with all three as weft and warp and will have a better idea what I would like to accomplish with the rest of the yarn. I'm thinking lightweight scarf or shawl so far.

6 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Having 'oops!' doesn't a loser make-it is not meeting the challenge/or quitting that does this! Thanks for sharing the triumph of a weaver! It is going to happen at one time or another!

Geodyne said...

It's looking absolutely gorgeous.

Life Looms Large said...

Looks great. I love how your experimenting with different fibers.

I'm a little unclear on whether you cut off and re-sleyed to repair broken threads, or whether you re-sleyed for another reason. I know that in Learning to Weave by Chandler, she shows a method for repairing broken warp threads. I can vouch for it because I've been known to break a few warp threads myself from time to time!

Your project looks great!!! I'm always curious about combining fibers....and what happens when/if you wet finish the combination.

Have fun!

Sue

Benita said...

I LOVE it as the weft! It adds a lot of visual interest to the scarf.

I was wondering how it would be in the warp though. One tiny little knot in the warp will have me pulling my hair out.

Leigh said...

Very attractive. I love textured yarns even though they can be difficult to weave with. I think it would make a great scarf!.

bspinner said...

I love the color combination and they are set if so nicely with the textured yarn.
Thanks for sharing your projects with us. We sure can learn alot from our fellow weavers.