Pages

Friday, November 17, 2006

WINE BOTTLE GIFT SOCK


Well, nothing like a few hours to yourself to finish a project up!! ;oD, I did it and concentrated - now I can watch TV, talk and knit all at the same time (imagine that, such talent). Well at least I mastered the knit stitch which is a really tight stitch and looks great. Thanks, Islea for the video it help out alot. Yes, the walls in my kitchen are really that color, it's called pumpkin pie, kind of appropriate for this time of the year.



I've always have gotten comments on the wall colors I have painted the house over the years, I had a pale yellow for 2 years, with one accent wall in opera red, really nice it was a stand out. This year I decided I wanted to go with greens, they seem to suit my mood lately, why I dunno it just does. I painted the walls in the interior common areas in three shades of green with my accent wall being the darkest sage I could find. I did stripes on one of entry way walls (picture on the left) and everyone that walks in always says the same thing OHHHH I love that I could never do color that way. (I don't know if they really like or they're just being polite) Which got me to thinking since when are people so scared of color?? I seen pictures of homes through the decades (with some really interesting color, wall paper, texture etc..) and lately all I ever see the the safest color combos of beige, not that it's a bad color but jeesh, just vanilla?? Even when I see it done in a decorator's mag I always think "this is missing something" and mind you my mom's house was white walls for as long as I can remember. But my houses, apartments and whatnot have always had color. I think it's such a great way to express your idividuality, even my kids have picked up on this, my daughter has midnight blue in her room with glow in the dark stars all over the ceiling and the words "believe, love , dream and faith" stencil one on each wall in silver or gold acrylic paint. My son has race car blue in his with trophys of car shows my husband has won, and various diecast cars. All in all they did great when I gave them the "do whatever makes you happy, it's your room" thumbs up. Why do I bring this up cause I think that in crafting it's the same, some folks like vanilla, other are definate tutty fruit type, some are sorbets, and others are rocky road types. None are bad or good, I just think you should let your passion show through no matter what anyone else thinks, and color is a great mood gauge.

Well, I guess that's enough just my $0.02. HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!

No comments: