Pages

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Woven Baby Blanket & Scarf Swap





I finished the woven baby blanket, spent two nights twisting fringe, a big THANK YOU to Gail for the instructions on how to accomplish that task. The colors are subtle and the blanket is soft and warm,The final blanket measures 27" x 34" without the fringe. I used Red Hart for both warp and weft, white for weft and a multi in baby tones. Now I know that the width of my project are 27" with all the heddles warped.

I have also finished the scarf for my swap now that picture can't be posted until I mail the package tomorrow. It's going to Jennifer who is in Alaska.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

Very nice! The recipient will be delighted. I love Red Heart for weaving, no fiber purist here! It washes up beautifully and I was amazed that my woven Red Heart blankets softened nicely with washing. Now you've got me thinking about weaving some baby blankets.