Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Master Weaver

I took this picture December 24, before we started our prep for "Noche Buena" which is Cuban for eating roast pork, rice with black beans, yucca with mojo, drinking mojitos, playing dominoes with very experienced champion style matches (very competitive), and celebrating Christmas Eve. While I was clearing the several potted plants under our mango tree, I looked up and spotted this





as I walked around it several times, I was awe stricken, by the complexity and simplicity of the use of space, not a missed warp, all of it even and perfect. I thought how amazing that such a small creature could do such a magnificent job of weaving instinctively.

2 comments:

KansasA said...

Amazing, simply amazing...

RiverCitySTL said...

Check out the article I wrote for Lime and Violet. I was able to get photo's from the CEO of the goats used to create spider silk thread!

http://www.limenviolet.com/blog/?p=854