Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

Tomato, Tomahto

You say eether and I say eyether,
You say neether and I say nyther;
Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,Let's call the whole thing off!
You like potato and I like potahto,
You like tomato and I like tomahto;Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto!
Let's call the whole thing off!

I remember the first time I ever heard that song I was 9 yrs old , watching an old Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers movie, they were singing and rollerskating to that song in "Shall we Dance ". I loved watching those movies, since I was enrolled in tap dance and ballet classes, my inspiration was to become a Radio City Music Hall Rockette, and dance with Mr. Astaire, lofty for a kid.

This is our first tomato of the season although she's blurry, she was really sweet.

This is how the plants are looking so far there are about 12 or so on one and four on the other. I have to figure out why one is producing so much more. But for now we're waiting for them to ripen.



And because no post can go without some fibery goodness this is my log cabin afghan that I have been working on. I put it together yesterday to see how large the final ghan would be. It's plenty long but I think it still needs another row to widen it. I'm going to use it tonight, since its really chilly here 53 F when I got up this morning, and see how it works out if it can't cover me the way I want it to, then I'll add more squares before the edging to finish it off.

4 comments:

Leigh said...

Looking good! Both tomatoes and afghan!

Folks might not think 53 is chilly, but having lived one winter in Florida I can say oh yes it is! I think it's the humidity.

Meg said...

Love love love the smell of tomato leaves! I've planted none this summer. Shame on me.

Benita said...

I love the afghan! I love the colors and the design. What a great way to use up small scraps of yarm left over from other projects.

Fresh tomatoes? YUM!!

Delighted Hands said...

Nice to have the fresh produce, isn't it?! Love the afghan; I started a few blocks ages ago and never finished, you have inspired me to go and dig it out!