Pages

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I know I usually post about weaving but I've put some of that on hold to work on the wedding ghan although I did finish the inkle band and may work on some bags this weekend since we have three glorious days off.

I just want to make sure I get the ghan finished and out of my way in time for the wedding on August 21 so I don't start to panic that I didn't finish on time. I also need some opinions on some finising ideas and thought I'd run them by you all for suggestions or comments.




First here's the pic of the ghan 48 rows in, it's actually starting to look like the pics in the pattern. It's easy to knit and all the charts are written in long hand which saves me alot of time, the next one I want to knit just from the charts to see if I can read them as I should without the written instruction crutch.

For the finishing touches I thought I'd have someone embroider thier names and the date of the wedding on silk and sew it in place on the interior of the ghan, but this is cable and lace and lace edges and I don't know if that would look good at one of the corners of the ghan, I could sew it at the center but not I'm just not sure. Do you think that this would be a nice addition or should I skip it altogether? If I don't skip it should I have the embroidery be done on a square or long strip? What color of thread do you think would look good with this beige? Gold, Silver Black?

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Well, I would do it. I was thinking of other creative ways to do that. Maybe as you are knitting you can knit a plain area specifically for the label? I would chose black, gold would be awfully hard to see along with silver, or, maybe take one of their wedding colors? Looks great though.

Acorn to Oak said...

I think an embroidered tag sewn to the back would be nice. At the very least, I'd enclose a nice hand written note or something. It's gorgeous!

Delighted Hands said...

The afghan is turning out great-good job. I agree with Acorn, a classy label on the back would be the route I would take (beige silk ribbon and black fine tip marker)

Benita said...

I am so glad to find someone who prefers written out instructions to charts. Charts slow me down, but I can breeze through the written out ones. That is going to be a lovely afghan.