Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

Weekend Redux





Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there, I hope your day was wonderful. I was busy this weekend with a lot of activity none of which was at the loom, but I did get some sewing projects finished. Another tissue box cover this was a gift for my cousin, for Mother's day, she loved it, couldn't stop raving about it and how proud she was of my creativity. My SIL got the last of the brown warped covers and was equally impressed. Thank God, I thought they were going to be like WTH is this crap, but I was pleasantly surprised, I guess they're coming around to the fact that handmade gifts are gifts of time and love rather than what they cost and name brand.
My DD got me Card Weaving by Candace Crockett from my wish list, that was really exciting, something new to learn and have fun with. The boys also got something from my wish list but it was delayed in delivery so I'll have a surprise this week. I finished this new bag from recycled jeans and some extra woven fabric that was stashed away, I used it Saturday and the weaving started to give out at one of the sewn edges, I have to repair it or decided to use some other woven fabric, still planning what I'm going to do with it.






Did some more knitting on my June Marinella Shawl .
In which I just found out the instructions are written incorrectly the lace portion says SSK which is slip1 slip1 knit tog, well the designer meant s1 k1 psso, arrrrghhhh, well regardless it's staying the way it is, I'm on my 5 repeat and it's 15" long I don't want to rip it out since I actually wanted any easy summer knit.




And finally the big TADA!

I've lost 15 pounds and am really excited I broke through the 10# barrier.




4 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Love the weavings, the new shawl will be very pretty, too!

Leigh said...

Congratulations on losing those pounds! You're looking great. And your projects are too.

Theresa said...

Hooray for dropping those pounds! The projects all look wonderful, love the shawl color and congrats on the wish list gifts.

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

Congrats on the weight loss! You look wonderful.
Nancy