Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Curried Carrot Coconut Soup

Since most of the country is frozen and Florida didn't escape, I thought I post a wonderful soup that I make when the temps are cooling down.
Ingredients
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon of Thai Curry paste
2 pounds carrots, peeled and chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
3 cloves of pressed garlic
3 chunks about an inch each of fresh ginger peeled



1 1teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of corriander
1 12oz can of coconut milk
parsley or cilantro for garnish

Put it all in the crockpot except for the coconut milk, cook on med for 6 hours until carrots are soft and falling apart. Blend with an immersion blender (I don't know how I ever lived without this gadget)  or use an upright, add the can of coconut milk, garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Curried Carrot Coconut Soup

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh yum. I love curry anything and that soup sounds excellent.
Your red towel looks wonderful! I still have struggles with selvages BTW, although I have to say it, using a temple has greatly improved them.

Cindie said...

your soup sounds yummy, will definitely make it soon, and just the excuse to buy an immersion blender that I've considered so often.

Leigh said...

Oh wow, that looks so good. Especially on such a cold day. I admit that I've not done much cooking with curry. In fact, I'm not even sure that I like it. Your photos and recipe though, are inspiring me to give this recipe a try.

Loree Jackson said...

Oooo thanks for this! I love curry in all forms