Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

I want to thank you all for the thoughtful comments, well wishes, prayers and good karma. I really appreciate it more than I can express.

I made my mom's hat and gave it some whimsical felt buttons I found at the craft store. I'm also in the process of planning a warp for my SIL belated scarf from Christmas. As it turns out she is not allergic to wool and I have been stash diving through the inherited wool yarn to see what I come up with. I want to do color bold and in jewel tones this will suit her personality and wardrobe.


Once I get the cones lined up I plan on just warping a mishmash of color without much thought I'm in the mood to experiment and just let my mind go into the process for a while.

9 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Beautiful hat-the love just shines through!

bspinner said...

Beautiful hat for who I'm sure is a beautiful lady.

I feel you pain only its my daughter. She's had surgery twice and this last time they think they've gotten everything and she only need a five day stint of radiation. It's very hard for her and the rest of us. I went in with her for a treatment and it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Oh, I'll be posting a pink lace scarf I've knit for her shortly.

bspinner said...

Beautiful hat for who I'm sure is a beautiful lady.

I feel you pain only its my daughter. She's had surgery twice and this last time they think they've gotten everything and she only need a five day stint of radiation. It's very hard for her and the rest of us. I went in with her for a treatment and it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

Oh, I'll be posting a pink lace scarf I've knit for her shortly.

Acorn to Oak said...

Pretty hat! I bet she'll love it!

Theresa said...

Oh what a lovely hat, and so much feeling knitted into every stitch. Good for you taking some time off to be with your Mom. Maybe a basket of goodies to pamper her with?
Enjoy your day together and I'll keep you both in my prayers. :)

Judy said...

What a nice hat with great colors and a unique pattern! Here's hoping that it makes your Mom feel much better.

Leigh said...

So cute! And knitted up with so much love.

Lynn Majidimehr said...

Nice hat, the buttons make it extra cheerful!

Loree Jackson said...

Man, you people that can knit baby clothes...I wish I could. The felt buttons are a good idea. They're soft.