Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

SURE FIT SLIP COVERS

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF!!!

Lord, give me patience, cause if I ask for strength I might kill someone!!!

I ordered two slipcovers for my aging couches from Sure Fit, well they came in and they were fine until I WASHED them. THEY SHRUNK AND NOT JUST A TAD!! The damn seat cushion portion of the cover is 10" too short, so I have a 93" couch with a cushion that has 5" gaps on either side... ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I washed them in cold water and LINE dried them, why???? CAUSE THEY'RE 100% COTTON!!! I followed the instructions to a tee and after using a washing machine for 25 years I think I know how to read labels and washing instructions.

Okay, I was mad at that moment, but what sent me over the edge was the following conversation with the customer rep at Sure Fit:

Me: "Hi, my name is B---- A------ and I ordered some slip covers from you three months ago, well I needed to wash the cushion portion of the cover and it severely shrunk. I would like to have the defective seat cushion replaced and I will return the one I have to you".

Them: " Well let me check on your account, yes I see you ordered them over 45 days ago, hummm, let me see what I can do for you let me talk to my supervisor". (I was on hold thinking wow this is going to be easy they'll send me a new cushion cover and I can return the defective one, problem solved no big deal).

Them: "Maam, we can offer you a 20% discount on you next purchase".

Me: "ARE YOU KIDDING", WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH WOULD I BUY ANOTHER SLIP COVER WHEN I JUST BOUGHT THESE 3 MONTHS AGO".

Them: "Well you see, your passed the 45 day return policy".

Me: "I didn't need to return the slipcovers within 45 days, because they didn't need to be washed until now, and that's when I discovered the defective cushion, I wash the other set with no problem".

Them: " Well, yes I understand, but that's our policy, I'm sorry, I understand".

Me: " WHAT EXCATLY IS IT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND? YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT I FOLLOW YOUR WASHING INSTRUCTIONS AND YOU CAN'T REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE SEAT CUSHION"?? PLEASE LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR."

Them: "I did speak to my supervisor this is why I put you on hold". Maam, all I can do is offer you a 20% discount towards your next purchase".

Me: "I DON'T WANT TO BUY ANYTHING FROM YOU I WANT YOU TO REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE CUSHION, WHAT PART OF THIS CONVERSATION DON'T YOU GET"? "I'LL BUY SOMETHING ONCE YOU MAKE GOOD ON THE CRAP YOU SOLD ME IN THE FIRST PLACE. DOES THE PHRASE WHEN HELL FREEZES OVER COME TO MIND, THIS IS RIDICULOUS, YOU PEOPLE ARE JOKING RIGHT".

Them: DEAD SILENCE.

At this point I knew the next few words that were going to come out of my mouth were going to sound like drunken sailor who can effectively curse in two languages simultaneously, at which point I just hung up.

The nerve, how can you not provide any customer service to someone who is complaining about your product, BTW, was not cheap, I paid $ 97.00 for the one and $87.00 for the love seat with shipping and handling it came to well over $ 200.00 for "excuse me" slipcovers that you can wash over and over again, hence the point of ordering the bastards in the first place.

So, I did the next best thing, I wrote a scathing email. Now I have to wait two days for an answer; will I get one? I hope so, cause I will call back, and I'll tell everyone I know not to buy their products cause of their crappy customer service.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You might contact your local TV station's consumer advocate. For instance, in Sacramento, there is "Call 3" and "ASK ..." and "We'll See About That", etc.. Every station seems to have a program. They investigate the complaint, contact the seller, and resolve the situation. They have the power to get the job done, because they will put the story on air if the manufacturer or contractor doesn't cooperate.