Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Not A Weiner!

I entered the Rock Your Socks Contest from Berroco, I love their Comfort Sock yarn. The rules were that you needed to use any of the sock yarn to create anything other than socks, and the pattern be original. I gave it a shot and made this lovely cowl. I sent it off with my application and forgot about the whole thing.


Then I got home and found this I was thinking well I didn't order anything because I'm on yarn restriction and when I order I have it sent to work, (less painful for Mr. Deepend).





Thought wow, how exciting so I tore into it to find this.








With a lovely letter stating that it was a nice try but they had whittled it down to um, better entries. That's okay because they were gracious enough to send these wonderful booklets full of even more wonderful patterns. I guess for the first time out not so bad, but if they ever do it again I plan on entering.

3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

That's great that they sent you some patterns as a reward for participating!!

Designing your own knitting seems super hard to me, so kudos to you for taking it on!!

Unexpected packages are the best!

Sue

Delighted Hands said...

What a nice consolation gift! Good for you to enter!

Leigh said...

I'd say you were still a winner for the goodies they sent. The cowl was a great idea and I'm sure you'll enjoy it anyway.