Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Thoughtful Thursday


If you woke up this morning with more health than illness you are more blessed than the millions who will not survive this week.


If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation you are ahead of 500 million people in the world


If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture or death you are more blessed than 3 billion people in the world.


If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead, and a place to sleep you are richer than 75% of this world


If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.


May the Lord ease your worries, your troubles and heartache, for only through Him are we truly blessed.

3 comments:

Delighted Hands said...

Having Jesus makes me the richest woman on earth......thanks for the reminder.

PattyAnne said...

Nicely put!!

I am sure you've heard this poem that I have on my site (not sure of author) but just in case you haven't heard it...

Life is but a Weaving

My life is but a weaving
Between my God and me.
I cannot choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.
Oft’ times He weaveth sorrow;
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I the underside.
Not ‘til the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Will God unroll the canvas
And reveal the reason why.
The dark threads are as needful
In the weaver’s skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned
He knows, He loves, He cares;
Nothing this truth can dim.
He gives the very best to those
Who leave the choice to Him.

Leigh said...

Too often we look at what we don't have rather than what we do. Blessings don't have to be "big" things, but truly they are in these things.