Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

What's the Skinny?

I finished my Skinny Scarf and wore it on Saturday, I loved the colors and technique Then I went into one of my Betty Davenport books to find that I didn't do the Brook Bouquet the way it's suppose to be done, so I kind of screwed up. No big deal I love the way it turned out so we'll just keep that to ourselves and not over share.


I'm planning on a throw for my SIL's Christmas present and I would like to do the brook bouquet on the edges with some Leno for the design. I have some cotton chenille that will work out really nicely for it, I'll start warping tonight and hopefully finish dressing the loom.

6 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

You know what's weird? I woke up this morning at 4:30 a.m. thinking "I wonder if bead leno would help improve my scarf situation."

And now your post is making me think about it even more!

Love your scarf!! (Hope to some day love mine!)

Sue

Delighted Hands said...

I LOVE it! This looks amazing! So glad you shared it-so what did you do as an original quirk on the brooks bouquet??! Could you repeat the stitch?

bspinner said...

Beautiful!!!!!!!!
I agree I love the colors and the lace pattern.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Delighted, I was suppose to put the shed up and tie the up the 4 warps, then move on to the next, but I tied all of them up. Top and Bottom, I like the effect and can recreate my mess if I want to.

Alison said...

Such a lovely scarf! No one could guess that it's a "screw up" :-) I love the colors you chose.

Julie said...

Oh I love the scarf! I have had a loom now for eight months and I haven't done a thing. I'm a new weaver took a class over a year ago and hubby thought it would be fun to get me a beautiful loom for my birthday!

By the way its nice to meet you and thank you for leaving a comment!