Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Life's Curve Balls

We're back from the surgical center, and DH has been diagnosed with Colitis, after his Colonoscopy. So he needs to go on a lot of antibiotics and pills to regulate the outbreak, he also has to be on a Low Residue Diet. Poor baby, he's been ill for three weeks and has lost 15 pounds, he was really unhappy with the whole out come, but as I said to him, it could have been much worst, so we do have to thank God that since it's not curable at least it is treatable.

I have been working on some projects and finished DD sweater, I just have to get pics of it all. I also got my purse frames, and that was exciting, they're so cute. I have some woven fabric that has already been designated to a eyeglass case so once I design what I want and get some supplies together I can work on it this weekend. I just found out that there is an AC Moore near me, well really 10 miles away, but I've never been to one and the lack of craft stores in my area is sad, really, just think I actually got excited about this discovery, sad very sad, LOL.

5 comments:

Leigh said...

So sorry to hear about your DH's diagnosis. What a blessing it wasn't worse. Physical problems are never any fun. To take his mind off it, maybe he could take up weaving or knitting too(?)

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Thanks Leigh. He's intrigued with the weaving, but he really likes to work on his car, so that take presedence over any fiber project ever, at least in his mind. What I think would really help would be to get out of the rat race, he works too much, to earn too much, it's a vicious cycle and hard to get out of. Sometimes I just wish we could pack it all up, and leave.

Meg said...

I'm sorry to hear about your DH, but as you said, it could have been a lot worse. I, too, had to have the procedure done last year, because there is a family history in that region.

Yay for finding a craft store. Living in a small country town, I know what you mean; ANY shop is better than none. At the same time, thank goodness for Internet shopping!!

Good "wa" to your DH.

DEEP END OF THE LOOM said...

Thanks, Meg. The hubby is in good spirits and doing his diet.

The sad part about the craft store dilema is that I live in a super congested, super populated urban area, that's way it's so sad.

Lona said...

Oh my! I've been out of the loop due to a busy life. I'm sorry to hear about your dh, yet glad that it is something managable and not worse...